The Vermont Association for Middle Level Education (VAMLE) is your school’s resource for research-based, age-appropriate educational programs for students in grades 5-8.
Benefits of membership in VAMLE
- Annual VAMLE Conference, March 13, 2019 – Beyond Bullying: Creating a Culture of Respect in Learning Communities
- NEW for 2019 Beyond Bullying Conference – Member schools may bring a 6th person for the team, free of charge
- Teacher Recognition Awards: Rising Stars (in first 3 years); Master in the Middle (10 years+)
- Annual Scholar Leader Dinner to recognize outstanding students at Norwich University, June 6, 2019 Member schools receive a reduced table rate
- VAMLE Board meetings, open to all middle level educators, 6-8 times a year in regional locations
- www.vamle.org Website
- E-mail messages to registered users on research, professional development, legislative news
- Middle School Is Not A Building – free publication outlining goals for all middle level programs
- Follow VAMLE on Twitter and ’Like’ on Facebook, Tweets go out on relevant articles
- Networking for all middle level educators
- Excerpts from the Weekly Field Memo of the Vermont Agency of Education (VT-AOE)
- Updates on regional meetings on implementing PLPs, the Common Core, and networking.
- Special Olympics Vermont-Unified Champion Schools
- A World of Difference Institute
- Middle Grades Collaborative (MGC) includes UVM, Saint Michael’s College, Northern Vermont University, and Castleton University
- Middle Grades Institute, a summer institute for middle level teachers and administrators
- Association of Middle Level Education (AMLE)
- New England League of Middle Schools (NELMS)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Vermont Principals’ Association (VPA)
- Vermont legislation updates: Flexible Pathways Initiative, PLPs for Grade 7-8
School Membership dues
- Three membership categories: $200, $100, $75, according to size of school.
- Contact: Sue Gee, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (802) 522-7180
We hope you will join VAMLE this year!